Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Journey Begins With One Step

Yesterday I was out shopping at the grocery store with my husband and daughter and I felt like I couldn't get my sweet tooth to shut up. I wanted chocolate soooo bad and when I passed by the cookies, and Easter candy, I had set my mind that I was going to get one. Then I remembered watching a show where this lady had so much stuff and her house was so packed that she could barely move... She kept picking something up and making excuses for why she couldn't get rid of it. She felt like well I may need it one day and it's got a good memory. These items were total trash. Like a cotton ball or a stick of gum. While walking through the store I walked by a mirror and I looked at myself (I know people were thinking I was some crazy lady, but this worked for me). I looked at myself, not in disgust (which is something I do sometimes because of how much weight I have gained) but in determination. I said to myself is this item worth your happiness? As I thought about those words I looked back at the cookie/candy isles and said no!
This type of step may not be a big deal to you, but for me it was my first step to breaking away from unwanted pounds, depression, and so much more. So if food is a struggle for you, like it is for me (even just at times), remember to ask yourself... Is it worth your happiness? The sweet or drink or whatever it is may feel good for a period of time, but then it leaves you looking in the mirror asking why you couldn't just say no. This journey begins with one step. With each step there will be more aggravation, excuses of why you should have it, and so on, but you have to learn to say NO! It’s not easy, but anything worth having is also worth fighting for, even if you have to fight yourself. Taking control of your life is what is important. Hope you have enjoyed reading my story. Feel free to post a comment if you want.

-Miss Understood

No comments:

Post a Comment