Thursday, March 8, 2012

Get Your Me Time On And Get The Weight Off

When hearing the worlds "workout or exercise" often makes some of us feel like we're automatically being labeled a fat person, when the reality is working out and exercise should be a lifestyle for everyone. There are always certain things you can do to keep or get healthy. Being a mom of a 10 month old, I understand when people tell me I just don't have time in the day to exercise. I completely understand that it may be difficult, but it's not impossible. Every woman or man needs to have that time during the day for themselves. In the first 3 months of my daughter’s life, I felt like my "me time" was when I was in the shower. Any other time I had to constantly be changing her, feeding her, trying to pick up the house, and so on, but listen if you will... If you don't take some time for yourself, you will get frustrated, depressed, and forget who you are. It's almost like you will feel like a robot, doing the same old thing all the time for everyone else. But mamas you need to let your hair down every once and a while. My husband works a full time job, so he's often times exhausted when he gets home, but being a stay home mom I work 24/7, so that is a full time job too. So don't feel bad for asking him to watch the kids while you go in the other room and get your Zumba on or whatever exercise gets you pumped about being healthy. Because let me tell you this, it's no fun when you take your kids to the park and you can't keep up with them. My motto is kids are a lightning bolt of energy, and I need to be the thunder chasing after them. So eating right and exercising may seem impossible, but it's an easier process than you think, you just have to get your body on board (and that's the challenge). You just have to rearrange your schedule a bit and be determined to change your mindset and eating habits. Then I know you can do it. I have 50 pounds to loose and for me it's been a battle, but I know that if I can step up to the plate of a life of unhealthy choices, then I can also chose a different plate of healthy ones that will bring me a much happier way of life. Just take it one step at a time.

 Daily reminder to yourself: Baby steps may seem small at first, but they are the first steps you take to make one of the biggest changes in your life. Loosing weight is just a baby step system that in the end looks like a giant leap. So focus on those baby steps because they show progress to a greater outcome.

-Miss Understood

No comments:

Post a Comment